Updated Programme Announced
The conference aims to increase the knowledge and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of winter service operatives in Scotland. Using best practice case studies, technical sessions and debate and discussion, Cold Comfort Scotland considers every aspect of the winter service delivery sector as well as some of the new products, concepts and innovations being used on the road network.
View the conference programme
Key topics for Cold Comfort Scotland include:
• Lessons from Alaska-driving efficiencies, raising standards and making the most of winter service budgets
• New strategies and new directions-reassessing winter service delivery
• Skills, training and development
• Treating bridges, structures and footways
• Dealing with major weather incidents
• Measuring performance and making improvements
Participating speakers include representatives from Amey, The City of Alaska, Devon County Council, Highlands Council, Midlothian Council, Devon County Council, NWSRG, Scotland Transerv, TfL, The Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute and Transport Scotland.