We would like to thank all our sponsors, partners and participating delegates for making the Cold Comfort Scotland 2019 such a great success.
The Cold Comfort Scotland conference aims to increase the knowledge and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of winter service operatives in Scotland. Using best practice case studies, technical sessions and debate and discussion, Cold Comfort Scotland considers every aspect of the winter service delivery sector as well as some of the new products, concepts and innovations being used on the road network.
Cold Comfort Special: Winter isn't over until it's Cold Comfort
Key topics for Cold Comfort Scotland 2019 included:
• Delivering innovation and new technology in winter service plans in the Netherlands
• Scottish local authority case studies
• Live panel discussion featuring Transport Scotland, Highways England and SCOTS representatives
• Highways England on the A66 Winterpave trials
• Effective winter service technology
• Planning for more extreme weather
Speaker panel included:
- Rini Donker, Senior Adviser, Rijkswaterstaat-Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management, The Netherlands
- Kevin Braidwood, Operations Manager and Theresa Mackin, Business Manager, Ayrshire Roads Alliance
- Ewan Macnaughton, Road Maintenance Partnership Manager, Tayside Contracts
- Marc Desmulliez, Director/Founder, MicroSense Technologies, Microsystems Engineering Centre, Heriot Watt University
- Iain McDonald, Network Resilience Manager, Transport Scotland
- David Batchelor, Project Manager - Severe Weather Plan, Severe Weather Research & Development, Highways England
- Steve Mason, Senior Project Manager – Cumbria & North Lancashire, Highways England
- Bill Lennox, Roads Quality & Resources Manager, Aberdeenshire Council
- Nick Russell, Area Manager, STRU South East-Highways, Amey
- Jane Wilkins, Winter Fleet, National Depot Project Sponsor, Highways England
- Jim Smith, Head of Economic Development, Argyll and Bute Council
- James MacDonald, Transport Manager, Highland Council
- Stewart Leggett, Head of Network Operations, Transport Scotland
2019 Speakers included
2019 Exhibitors included
"A well run conference focussing on many of the current winter service issues. This event is proving to get better every year."
David Batchelor, Project Manager - Severe Weather Plan, Highways England
"Enjoyable, beneficial, productive and best Cold Comfort I have been to yet in Scotland."
Martin Thomson, Networks Impacts Manager, Transport Scotland