Cold Comfort Scotland
We would like to thank all our sponsors, partners and participating delegates for making the Cold Comfort Scotland 2018 such a great success. Record delegate numbers and a sold out exhibition !
Bookmark the page for details on the Cold Comfort Scotland 2019. The date and venue will be announced shortly.
In the meantime you still have time to register for Cold Comfort Coventry which takes place at the Ricoh Arena on 16th and 17th May 2018.
The conference aims to increase the knowledge and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of winter service operatives in Scotland. Using best practice case studies, technical sessions and debate and discussion, Cold Comfort Scotland considers every aspect of the winter service delivery sector as well as some of the new products, concepts and innovations being used on the road network. Download the show preview which was published in the April issue of Highways magazine.
View the 2018 conference programme
Key topics for Cold Comfort Scotland 2018 included:
• Lessons from Alaska-driving efficiencies, raising standards and making the most of winter service budgets
• New strategies and new directions-reassessing winter service delivery
• Skills, training and development
• Treating bridges, structures and footways
• Dealing with major weather incidents
• Measuring performance and making improvements
Participating 2018 speakers included representatives from Amey, The City of Alaska, Devon County Council, Highlands Council, Devon County Council, NWSRG, Scotland Transerv, TfL, The Swedish National Road and Transport Research Institute and Transport Scotland.
2018 Speakers included
2018 Exhibitors included