Cold Comfort Scotland 2018
Cold Comfort Scotland is the country's only conference and exhibition dedicated to the winter service sector.
The conference aims to increase the knowledge and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of winter service operatives in Scotland. Using best practice case studies, technical sessions and debate and discussion, Cold Comfort Scotland considers every aspect of the winter service delivery sector as well as some of the new products, concepts and innovations being used on the road network.
Click here to see the 2017 programme
Combining research from both local and European winter operations, the fourth annual event detailed how to successfully plan and execute your winter service strategies. Featuring a keynote address from Humza Yousaf MSP, Minister for Transport and the Islands, the conference showcased over 15 key speaker presentations.
Key topics in Cold Comfort Scotland 2017 included:
• Improving resilience in cities and towns
• Liquids and other things: implementing current and future innovation and technology
• The latest thinking from Transport Scotland and SCOTS
• Scottish local authority case studies: driving efficiencies and raising standards
• Keeping it legal: a presentation of real court cases and why they were won or lost
• The future for UK winter service: an NWSRG perspective
• Modelling winter: predicting extreme weather and measuring performance